Tonight is the Penn State Behrend Athletics Ice Cream Fun Run. There are currently more than 200 people signed up to run…and then cool down with some delicious Berkey’s Creamery ice cream.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The race starts & finishes in the Junker Center parking lot near the new soccer complex.
- Packet pickup is at the race start/finish (see above) from 5-6:15 p.m.
- Day-of-Race registration is also at the race start/finish area from 5-6 p.m. Cost is $25 and there are a few shirts left. If they go through the leftover stock, they will order and mail out shirts.
- You can view the race course here. (Also posted below).
- Dogs are permitted, but they must be leashed. Also, please clean up after your pet.
- The race is not timed…so bring a watch/GPS if you want to keep track of your splits/pace/finish time.
- There are no awards, but there is FREE BERKEY’s ICE CREAM!
- Post-run ice cream will be served out of the concession stand at the soccer complex.
- You can have seconds! Race organizers say they are not tracking consumption, so…eat up until it’s gone!
- BTW …Berkey’s is no run-of-the-mill ice cream. It is to ice cream what Smith’s is to hot dogs, which is to say – the very best. It’s made fresh from the cows at Penn State in University Park.